Christiana & Adam

Christiana & Adam

Friday, March 14, 2014

Christiana's Story

One of the forms that Adam and I had to fill out was a health form. It was pretty straight forward till I got to the operation and hospitalization part on my form.

Here is what part of it looked like:

Hospitalizations/Operations: Date and Description
August 2008  aneurysm
September 2011 hysterectomy

Does not look too bad if you consider that I was over 40 at the time and then you look at the time span and you realize that all of that happened within five years of each other.  That is when you realize that a lot has happened to me in that five years.

Here is the background story I had ruptured aneurysm almost six years ago.  One thing about the aneurysm is that it could have killed me in fact 80% of those that have the type that I do end up not making it.  I recovered fully but was told that I should not get pregnant since my body could not handle the stress.

I had a full hysterectomy three years later and when a biopsy was done cancer was found.  I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer Stage One C which meant that cancer was found in both of my fallopian tubes and both ovaries.

My health is the main reason why Adam and I have chosen to grow our family through adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment